Monday, February 11, 2008

The Glory of a Small Town

Yesterday was the end of the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival. They have a slide show and then a fireworks show that they set off on the frozen lake. It was so fantastic. The main street was closed and lots of people went over to the castle. It was sooooo cold! It was probably around 5 degrees but so windy that it felt about 15 below. But needless to say it was still so much fun and just made me realize how much I love living in a small town. Now I am off to San Francisco on Thursday so I will have lots of pictures to share next week! Check out the pictures below from the carnival!

A picture of the castle

Me in front of the ice pyramid

The fireworks show over the castle

3 comments:

Tiger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Hi Megan,

My name is Jodi Watson (Formerly Tucker) I just found your blog..and I wanted to share with you that I used to live in Saranac Lake until 1985. I lived on Old Lake Colby Road and finished out 7th grade at Petrova until we moved here, just N of Syracuse! The Winter Carnival was always my favorite event of the year. the parade...the feeling of well being..everyone having such a good time. ;o) I miss it still...Jodi